[Blackpool] LUG is open for business

Tony Hughes tonyhughes1212 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 13 14:32:40 UTC 2012

Hi Guys

at the meeting on Saturday I took on of those little net top thin
clients that mike had.

I've got a problem :-(

The only live OS I can get to a GUI is Slitaz, mike has also had one
running Tiny core so I'm assuming this will also run on the one I have.

So I know the on board GPU is working but any live disc I use gets to
the desktop and all the output I get is interference.

To test the box I did a minimal Debian install without installing a GUI
and it went ok. I then installed xorg through apt-get which also worked
but as soon as I started x in the terminal I ended up with the same
issue, all I get is a thin line scrolling up the screen.

Anyone got any ideas or should I bring it next Saturday as a project?

Tony