[Blackpool] My Opinion

Mike Hull mikehull2008 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 20:40:12 UTC 2015

Hi Tony

I will respond now, to help move thoughts forward before Saturday.

At present we are only open one session per week - on a Saturday. That may well change in the future, and can be considered at that time.

We are hoping to gain additional new members, which will give additional income.

I agree there may well be additional charges for the use of equipment, but that needs additional thought because I intend to let a number of pieces of equipment be available for Members use, so where do you start and finish - further thought needed in the future (Band Saw, Electric Fret Saw, Grinder, Sharpening Station, Drill Press, loads of hand tools, etc). What we are looking for at the moment is a basic deal to get us moving.

No one is suggesting stopping anything you want to do in club time. That is the beauty of having a new space. Some people may only want to do programming, others may want to do pottery at the other end of the room, or rocketry, or brewing. In most makerspaces people just do their own thing, but that doesn't stop like minds communicating, learning and sharing time together. To me the social aspects of the club are just as important as the physical doing. We can always arrange special activities to teach new techniques or show new products to the group.

Obviously my proposal of initial Committee members is subject to their acceptance of nomination and vote by the members at the meeting.

Apologies for the Draft Constitution not being attached, I will try again.

Regards

Mike Hull