[Bradford] Calling all KDE users

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:29:11 UTC 2008

We are currently compiling a wiki at http://userbase.kde.org, to be the end-
user equivalent of techbase.kde.org.  The intention is to help new users and
also to help KDE users who are facing the change to KDE 4 and feeling
uncertain of what is there and what is yet to come.  There has been a lot of
FUD around, and we hope to dispel that.

The wiki was only launched just over a week ago, and pages are being added and
edited at an encouraging rate.  We would like you to help.

What is needed:

If a KDE application you use does not yet have a page and you are able to
write one, please do.  You will find information on what we believe to be
suitable, and some hints about writing, at http://userbase.kde.org/UserBase.
There is a Talk page linked from the Welcome page, for general questions, and
a Discussion page from every other page.  We monitor those pages so that
questions are not missed.

If you are fluent in another language, we could use your help.  The language
bar has been added to a number of pages, and ideally we'd like to see
translations for every page in as many languages as possible.

If all this sounds too much for you, there is a smaller but equally important
task.  Every application page should, in time, carry a 'FAQs, Hints and Tips'
section.  If every KDE user could add one such tip, imagine what a resource we
could build!

Thanks for listening.  We hope to meet you on UserBase

Anne