[Bradford] Last Night

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Thu Jul 30 07:25:24 UTC 2009

Hi All

I thought the meeting last night was really good.

With the abscence of a speaker/presentation we went for a 'show and
tell' session with people spending roughly 5-10 mins showing the rest of
us something good!

We saw an accounting/VAT reporting application that one of us is
building..
Learnt how to  compile our own custom kernel...
Discovered a music notation graphical user interface that makes working
with Lillypond more fun...
Saw a demo of one members custom Linux distribution...
Found out how you would go about getting the information in a photograph
of a poster directly onto your calendar (without typing!)...
Had a look at Places to Go, Things to do for young people...
Debated the issues around news that Microsoft have contributed to the
Linux Kernel...

We also had birthday cake.

I thought it was a really good format, and one we should come back to -
maybe not every meeting (part of it's charm was the fact that it was
different IMHO)

Wayne is approaching some people external to the group to see if they
would be interested in coming to give a talk. If anyone has ideas of
what they'd like to hear or see, or can offer either a talk or
Sponsorship of the meeting, then please let us know.

Right, I'm off to learn some Python.

David Carpenter

nornir

E: david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Skype: carpenter.david

Please save paper and only print this email if you have to.