[Bradford] missing files on livecd spin down

Richard Thomas xpd259 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 13:11:54 UTC 2009

 *custom Ubutnu livecd missing files on spindown*
------------------------------
I created a a live cd from the standard Ubuntu 8.10 installer CD
but added clonezillia and photorec using uck http://uck.sourceforge.net/

I've done a clonezillia image of my Ubuntu 9.4 alpha 6 machine no problem
this took about 30min but the CD never had time to spin down as i was using
firefox on the cd

I also backed up my father in law's windows vista pc using the same custom
live CD but once again
I was checking up on the progress and the CD never had time to spin down

when i was doing my partners Windows XP Computer it took 5hours and the CD
had time to spin down
when the imaging was finished it tried to run ack md5sum sha1(something) and
a whole bunch of others I didn't get to write down
and failed to run these commands saying not found

I rebooted the custom live CD and the missing programs where present

is it normal for a spun down live CD to say files are missing if the CD is
spun down or is this another issue that I've missed?

Dick