[Bradford] OpenStreetMapping Keighley - Sun 31st May

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Thu May 28 12:12:32 UTC 2009

A bunch of us from Bradford LUG have decided to spend a Sunday mapping
some of Keighley on OpenStreetMap.

It's this Sunday 31st May. Meet 10am at the Livery Rooms Pub,
89–97 North Street
Keighley
West Yorkshire
BD21 3AA
Phone: 01535 682950

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubs/pub-details.php?PubNumber=4432

It's pretty informal, and we just thought a wetherspoons would be a
decent enough place to meet - wifi, it's open! BUT it does mean that we
probably can't leave stuff lying around, or offer secure cycle parking
etc. There is a council car park just behind the pub (not sure of the
parking charge), and you should be able to get public transport there by
10.

In preparation, check out the mapping tips on OpenStreetMap. You can
download software for mapping your traces. Have a look at your GPS
manual and see if you can get the thing to work, try making a trace ad
uploading it to your computer.

There are a few of us that have done this kind of thing before, so we
should be able to help out on the day. There may be a couple of spare
GPS's around for people to use.

Any questions, please fire back to the group or me directly.

I still don't have a mobile, so if anyone's coming and wants to share a
number for the day, then please post it!

David Carpenter

nornir

E: david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Skype: carpenter.david

Please save paper and only print this email if you have to.