[Bradford] Salford Lads Club

David Parkin davidmichaelparkin at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 29 22:10:23 UTC 2009

And when do you convert to Drupal?

 David

________________________________
From: David Carpenter <david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk>
To: bradford <bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Fri, 27 November, 2009 22:14:28
Subject: [Bradford] Salford Lads Club

Just in case anyone is interested.

My mate and I have just started a little side project:
http://todaywedidthis.org/

We're trying to knock off small/large projects in a day. (This kind of
built of the 'Mountain Rescue site in a weekend' idea - not ours, other
cleverer people have had the same idea...)

Anyway, with our last couple of days off we've rebuilt the website for
Salford Lads Club in Wordpress. Our wiki page that shows what we did is:
http://twdt.bluwiki.com/go/Slc

I've been well impressed with Wordpress - but also pretty freaked out by
how many plugins/webservices we've ended up using...it took longer to
make live than it did to build (from the old content!)

Any feedback, questions, pointers, etc are welcome (add them to the wiki
if you like)- just thought one or two of you might be interested. (On a
loose Linux connection - I'm pretty sure windows hasn't been involved at
all - so if it all falls over in internet explorer - ha!, more fool me!)

David Carpenter

nornir

E: david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Skype: carpenter.david

Please save paper and only print this email if you have to.