[Bradford] Upcoming FOSS events

Andrea Ryan andrea at phluidity.net
Wed Sep 2 15:15:50 UTC 2009

As briefly mentioned at the LUG last Wednesday, there are a couple of FOSS
events coming up over the next few months.

The first, on Saturday 24th October 2009, is LUGRadioLive 2009, in
Wolverhampton http://www.lugradio.org/live/2009/ . For more details on what
it's all about, have a look at the pages for the 2008 event
http://lugradio.org/live/UK2008/ . It's ideal for anyone with an interest in
free and/or open source software and generally culminates in the consumption
of large amounts of alcohol (ask Wayne about the blue cider!).

Wayne and I will be driving down on Friday 23rd October and returning on
Sunday 25th, so there's room in the car for one or two more if anyone would
like to join us. Wolverhampton Central
Travelodge<http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=375>is
about 200 yards from the venue and has rooms for £39/night. The
Travelodge is the top rated hotel in Wolverhampton according to Tripadvisor,
but I've not quite worked out whether that says more about the hotel or
about Wolverhampton...

The other event mentioned was BarCamp Bradford, on Saturday 14th November
2009 http://barcamp.org/BarCamp-Bradford which takes place in the WOW
Academy on Thornton Road and the National Media Museum. More info on the
website!

Cheers
Andrea