[Bradford] Python & Jelly

Alice Kaerast kaerast at computergentle.com
Wed Dec 15 01:10:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

The Python day went really well, with around 30 people turning up to
spend 6 hours learning the basics of Python and the Django framework.
Everybody had at least some programming experience, so we could take
things at a relatively fast pace, and people of all abilities got
something worthwhile out of the day.

The event was funded by NTI and Open Source For Business who provided us
with a venue, publicity and food; there is funding available for future
day-long workshops in a similar style, the only restrictions being it
needs to be community-led and it probably shouldn't be anything that NTI
are already providing commercially.

Some of us will be getting together on Friday afternoon at Bradford
Jelly to brainstorm some ideas for future training sessions we might be
able to run.  So, if you're free on Friday afternoon it'd be good to see
you at Jelly and we can bounce some ideas around (which is, after all,
what Jelly is all about) - and please invite anybody else who may be
interested too.

Details of Jelly are on the website, but it's basically an open office
from 12:00 - 17:00 at 27 Chapel Street, Little Germany.

--
Alice Kaerast
Catalyst for micro-coworking