[Bradford] 10 free software applications you should try...

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 07:13:23 UTC 2010

I'll take 10, ...and so will my wife!
(don't tell Linda she'll kill me if she finds out I have a wife!)

Liking this very much Dave!

This is mine:

We love Publisher don't we? Great for making those posters and fliers
with clip art and fancy writing.

BUT, not everyone has Publisher, and when we send them the files we
always get emails back saying they can't open it, so you have to print a
load off and drop them round....

Why not use Scribus (http://www.scribus.net/) - the Open Source Desktop
Publisher. Everyone can have a no cost desktop publisher!

When you send that file and they say they don't have a copy, just point
them to http://www.scribus.net/ and they can get a copy for free.

At last, a way to share your desktop publisher creations, work
collaboratively and to give your printer a break!

This might also be useful...
http://www.opensourcewindows.org/

Cheers
t'other David