[Bradford] remote desktop X11 access

Dick Thomas xpd259 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 01:26:02 UTC 2010

hey people

I've "acquired" a laptop but its lacking on the ole Power and all my
documents and stuff is on my desktop

I used to use ... the method to connect via the gdm login screen ( name
escapes me xdmcp?)
but this no longer works due to 1. network manager doesnt' work untill
logged on 2. Ubuntu have dropped the old GDM for a rewrite
I've tried vnc but due to screen sizes the laptop can't display all the
desktops screen and I had to logon 1st on the dedktop , bit of a pain and
counter productive
unless i've missed something p

so any other ideas or tips would be fantastic

Dick
Geek by nature, Linux by choice!
www.xpd259.co.uk
http://www.google.com/profiles/xpd259