[Bradford] Kirkgate Community Centre, Shipley

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 14:41:07 UTC 2010

Hi All

Visited Kirkgate Community Centre in Shipley today.

Interesting place, interesting set up.

They have community groups doing various things in there, but they are
very interested and very supportive of people with ideas on how to use
the place.

Immediately I thought of the Arduino building day. Room hire is as
little as £12, and they have one room set up with electrical sockets at
each 'workstation'. There's also a hall £20 for functions, events.
(They're interested in ways to make access 'free' to people, so you
might for example run a cafe for your event, and make the money for the
room hire off that, rather than charge admission)

There's a film club, and they have everything in place to hire/set up
cinema equipment and a bar/cafe. You'd need about 40 people to make a
film pay its way at about £3.50 a head, but thought some sort of sci-fi,
techy film fest might be up someone's street.

If you want to know more, I'll be happy to tell you what I know, or call
the centre on 01274 580186 and talk to the manager, Paul.

Oh, and Lego builders - the their next Lego Fun Day is on December 17th,
1:30pm - 4:00pm. (1000's of lego pieces, meccano, geomags, kinex)

David Carpenter

nornir

E: david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Skype: carpenter.david

Please save paper and only print this email if you have to.