[Bradford] Just wondering....

John R Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Wed Oct 6 10:37:46 UTC 2010

Hi David

I don't really think we need to justify our existence by how much individuals
or we as a group put back in. My sense is that quite a lot of members put
stuff back in in a variety of ways and my fear would be that publicising this
would put off potential new members who might think that this was an
expectation of membership.

Years ago Richard Titmuss did a study of blood donation and he came to the
conclusion that the most successful blood donation service in the world is
ours - in part because it is anonymous. No body knows who gave the blood that
saved them; it is a private gift to an anonymous recipient.

If members wanted we could have a look at the different ways in which people
can contribute but I wouldn't see any value in going further than that.