[Bradford] Just wondering....

John R Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Wed Oct 6 21:36:27 UTC 2010

I don't have any recent statistics on comparative success today - as I said,
the study was done some years ago - but the point being made when we were the
most successful was that a key feature was the privacy and anonymity of the
donations.

That point seems to be supported by the significant drop in AID since people
lost anonymity.

I'm not saying that people should not say whether or not they contribute to
Linux - I never concealed the fact that I was a blood donor - but I think it
should be their choice and no pressure, explicit or implicit, should be put on
people to declare the contributions they may be making to the Linux ecosystem.