[Bradford] Virtualisation and Practical Sessions

Alice Kaerast kaerast at computergentle.com
Sun Sep 5 20:43:52 UTC 2010

Hi,

Does anybody feel like doing a talk on the various virtualisation
options, along with some practical demos at the meeting at some point?
I'm quite well up on Virtualbox and VMWare and I've briefly used qemu,
but really don't know anything about the other (more open) options and
would like to learn.

In particular, I've been trying and failing to get a Debian or Ubuntu
Xen host working.  I really just want an easy Xen or Vserver or similar
setup for me to host a couple of virtual machines on one single box.  I
can just about do it in VMware ESXi on a single box, but it's not open
and I need a Windows box to manage it.

Secondly, are people up for some more practical sessions? A few of us
spent a day doing Cucumber interface testing and Continuous Integration
using Hudson recently, and I'd really like to do other day-long
sessions.  I've been thinking of doing a day of Sintra and NoSQL, and
obviously would like somebody to run a day of Virtualisation
technologies.  I've got a conference room and some spare equipment in
Keighley that are always freely available for such sessions.

--
Alice Kaerast

Systems Reliability Guru
Computer Gentle Group