[Bradford] Meeting Wednesday 27th April

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 09:01:11 UTC 2011

Yes John you are 100% right on this.

I replied off list to Robert about this, so sorry for not posting to
everyone.

The 20mins is supposed to be a guideline.

I thought last night demonstrated this 'policy' well, with Robert
getting an extra 10 mins to complete his presentation by consent of the
group.

With a topic so vast, it could easily have been a 90 min talk. I think
the 20mins is a good way to keep presenters on track, and allows people
to introduce a more complex topic, with the option then of the rest of
us making a better informed choice about whether or not we'd like to
hear/get involved in the next 70mins at another time.

BTW, Personally, I also enjoyed the variety last night of the three
different presentations, delivered by 3 different personalities, but
then maybe that's just my attention span problems. (LUG accused of
dumbing down perhaps!)

But yes, if anyone wants to offer a presentation of any length, I'm sure
we (the list, the members) would be happy to consider it.

So any offers for May? Judging from last night - part 2 of Robert's
Intellectual Property talk would be welcome. We also keep talking about
doing a Linux in Education themed night, but we could do with some
offers if this is to happen.

--
David Carpenter

nornir

E: david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Skype: carpenter.david

Please save paper and only print this email if you have to.