[Bradford] Has this got legs?

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 13:41:24 UTC 2011

Hi All

Wondering if you can help.

As you know, I'm a bit of a cyclist, and recently I've been trying to
help get Bradford's cycling organisations on the web and/or trying to
help them improve their web presence.

We've had quite a few low key successes, such as getting people to share
a google calendar for events, setting up a couple of wordpress.com
blogs, and getting a few people on twitter.

Now I'm looking for techies that would like to support this development
in anyway they can.

I think we could do with some sort of group that builds and maintains a
vision of where we can go with this, and then also people that can do
some practical work. This could be as simple as editing other people's
posts/sites to add links to their content. It could be as involved as
redesigning, supporting and training an organisation with a new website.
It might be that you can take photographs, or make video. Maybe you can
persuade people to adopt a #tag, or a flickr tag?

There is a range of technical expertise in the local cycling community,
but much of it is pretty basic, so it's lots of small steps over time to
achieve anything useful.

If you or anyone you know is (even in the slightest bit) interested, I'd
love to hear from them. Email me, or catch up with me at Cyclefest on
2nd July, Roberts Park:
http://cyclefestbradford.org.uk/

David Carpenter

nornir

E: david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Skype: carpenter.david

Please save paper and only print this email if you have to.