[Bradford] For give-away: Athlon XP 2200+ with motherboard

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Sat Jun 25 11:29:07 UTC 2011

On the subject of hardware. I am looking for an old pci parallel printer card.
Ubuntu 11.04 can't see the one I have. It might be that it is faulty as I have
not used it before. I did battle with two USB to parallel printer leads, with
differing chipsets, but had no luck in getting them to work. One, I know, has no
CUPS support. I couldn't find anything remotely up to date for the other. So I
abandoned the USB leads. I have a perfectly good HP printer and I don't intend
to swap it for a new one that would likely be of much lesser quality and soon
fail.
Brian