[Bradford] Meeting next week

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Tue May 17 12:33:57 UTC 2011

Ideas? Yes I have some.

Quite often I come across software, that is new to me, that I find very useful.
A segment where someone covers some software that they find particularly
useful/cool? This is something that could then involve people at all levels. I
think, already, people are talking about projects that they are involved in and
I found the mapping, at the last meeting, interesting.

Server installations can also be interesting as I find that it often takes a lot
of messing around to get things working. For example, currently I'm trying to
get an openvpn server set up on an Ubuntu machine and it's proving to be a bumpy
road. Some people will have done that lots of times and found where the
stumbling blocks are, e.g. where there is a bug and how to get round it.

Another thing that may interest people is resources. They may be obvious to some
but not to others. Useful or interesting web sites etc. For example, although
I'm personally not interested in any aspect of gaming, I was looking at Brian
Wong's kiip (kiip.me) where game developers can monetise their games in a
different way so that gamers are given real world 'rewards' for achieving goals
- a different slant on advertising.

There are a number of things I can talk about so if a slot becomes free then let
me know and I'll think about something to talk about.

Brian