[Bradford] Next meeting

John R Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Tue Oct 18 07:00:47 UTC 2011

On Monday 17 October 2011 21:23:59 Alice Kaerast wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking of bringing a virtual machine running dvwa to the next
> meeting. Dvwa emulates a php website with vulnerabilities of various
> types. Points for each vulnerability shown at the end of the evening,
> points may mean prizes. Do people think that would work?
>
> I could also put together a talk about launching a large Drupal website if
> that sounds interesting (tentatively titled 'things I broke this week').

I would appreciate those topics - also they may fit in with some ideas from
Bradford CVS.

They have suggested covering Wordpress and MediaWiki in our contributions -
the second could be in two parts: setting up and editing.

They have also suggested something like 'My Favourite Tipples'. in
http://web.freepint.com/go/newsletter/335#favourites
which involves people talking about a handful of their favourite software.

Their idea is something similar with more of a FOSS flavour.

We have talked in the past about trying to find a small voluntary
organisatiion to support through the transition to FOSS but so far we haven't
found an obvious organisation. So, unless anyone has a suggestion, they are
wondering about a competition with the prize collective (incl. CVS FOSS users)
support to adopt FOSS and write that up as a model for others.

They would also like to offer us a standing 'ad' in Bradford Briefing. So is
anyone up for designing something to attract voluntary organisations to join
us?