[Bradford] Another Reason To Love udev

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Mon Dec 3 10:41:49 UTC 2012

I have trouble with MTP. My Samsung S3 now has JellyBean on it, so I have the latest Android OS. Plug it into my computer and it doesn't mount. I have installed various mtp stuff such as tools, lib and mtpfuse. OK, I can sometimes get the GUI gMTP application working, but the whole thing is not very satisfactory. I have read accounts, by several recent posters to forums, where they have said that they have given up with MTP on Linux  and some say it doesn't work very well on Windows either - Microsoft are to blame as usual. I do have adb access to my phone, which many people say does work,  but I don't seem to be able to get the command, to transfer files to my computer, working, even though the syntax appears to be correct.

Brian