[Bradford] What Tech/Computing News/Views/Articles sites do you read/follow ?

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Tue Dec 11 23:04:48 UTC 2012

I have over 30 feeds in my list.
They include feeds from :-
http://www.gizmag.com
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk
http://www.theregister.co.uk
http://www.cnet.co.uk

However, I don't tend to read much nowadays. I prefer to listen to podcasts. I have a cheap tablet that is dedicated to downloading podcasts. So now, instead of listening to Radio 4/World Service, as often is my want, I will listen to podcasts. I often pause a podcast and pick it up later.

Here are some podcasts with the RSS feeds:-

1. Mintcast - not just about Mint, they chat about Linux in general. For example, the feature in the latest podcast was about logs. One of my favourites.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/mintcastpodcast?format=xml

2. PC Pro - Not just about Windows - They do sometimes talk about Linux and review hardware.

http://podcast.pcpro.co.uk/?feed=rss2

3. Sourcetrunk - Open source applications - and Belgian beer.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/sourcetrunk_ogg
4. Innovations - Australian ideas and inventions. - Often the feed doesn't work.
http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/podcast/feed/innovations
5. Ubuntu UK
http://feeds.feedburner.com/UbuntuUkPodcastMp3-high?format=xml
6. CNET UK
http://www.cnet.co.uk/feeds/podcasts/
7. Full Circle Magazine
http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
8. Tech Weekly from the Guardian newspaper.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/series/techweekly/rss
9.  Tux Radar - Linux Format Magazine - Not massively informative but good to listen to.
http://www.tuxradar.com/files/podcast/podcast_mp3.rss
10. Linux Action Show - Sometimes better to watch rather than just listen.
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/TheLinuxActionShow
11. Tech Snap - Not a lot of use to me but interesting - For Sys Admins.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/techsnapmp3?format=xml
12.  Tech talk Radio - Australian. Not listen for a while but it is a good podcast.
http://www.techtalkradio.com.au/ttr.xml
13. Frequencycast - Won a European award. General consumer electronics.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/frequencycast

There is the BBC Click Podcast but, IMHO, it is rubbish now.

There are others but the above are the main ones.

Brian