[Bradford] Open Advice - getting started contributing to FLOSS

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Tue Feb 7 12:54:31 UTC 2012

    Open Advice is a knowledge collection from a wide variety of Free
    Software projects. It answers the question what 42 prominent
    contributors would have liked to know when they started so you can
    get a head-start no matter how and where you contribute.

    This book is the answer to "What would you have liked to know when
    you started contributing?". The authors give insights into the many
    different talents it takes to make a successful software project,
    coding of course but also design, translation, marketing and other
    skills. We are here to give you a head start if you are new. And if
    you have been contributing for a while already, we are here to give
    you some insight into other areas and projects.

It's CC-licensed and they are encouraging bug reports and patches.  I've
already got a couple of patches I'd like to file when I find some spare
time.

http://open-advice.org/

--
Alice