[Bradford] Tonight's meeting

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 25 15:16:15 UTC 2012

Aw ruddy heck, this mailing list really doesn't like big posts, which
is a pity because I tried to post the notes & presentation as
attachments a few mins ago and it's now snarled up in the moderation
queue.

So I've stuck them on the web instead:

http://www.daves-collective.co.uk/files/cmdline.txt
http://www.daves-collective.co.uk/files/command1.odp

And this is wot I wrote a few mins ago to go with them:

Well having just finished it (give or take, but some of the continuity
is in my head not on the page, and it's dog rough in the middle to be
honest and I plan on faffing around a few man pages in a terminal and
answering questions to cover up the cracks) anyway, where was I, yes
you're all welcome to the lot!

As this is the first of the series, it's heavy on expectation
management and light on content.  I'm starting with an approach thats
different to the many tutorials out there, by attacking the stuff that
scares people head-on and being honest about it instead of being
school-teacher-y.

You can consider it to have a Creative Commons Zero licence so its
deffo worth what you've paid for it but maybe not worth spending time
on polishing a turd!

-D.