[Bradford] Can anyone suggest where someone can get some Work Experience?

John R Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Wed Jun 20 18:28:19 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 20 June 2012 10:17:55 Andy Coulson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A former colleague of mine's daughter is starting an extended diploma in
> ICT in the autumn and is looking to get some work over the summer. She's
> keen to work on Web design. She's Halifax based.  Can anyone help or
> suggest anyone she could contact?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew Coulson
As no-one has responded so far, I thought I'd throw in my two penn'orth though
I cannot offer her any employment.

Web design is at a cross-roads; a lot of the existing shops are still using
XHTML templates whereas by the time she finishes her course HTML5 could be
the only worthwhile approach not least becaue it is optimised for tablets and
4G mobile phones.

She may be better not working in a shop which isn't using HTML5 and spend the
summer  exploring http://diveintohtml5.info/ and other material relevant to
Web design under HTML5 including CSS3.

Just my penn'orth and, as I live in Halifax, she's welcome to make contact if
she wants more detailed discussion.