[Bradford] FYI Podcasts

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Thu Mar 15 19:57:13 UTC 2012

OK, if we're sharing tech related podcasts then here goes...

The Changelog is a good podcast for web developers, with the show
notes giving some good links even if you don't have time for podcasts.
http://changelogshow.com/
http://thechangelog.com/
http://twitter.com/#!/thechangelog

Testcast haven't posted in months, but was a fun podcast by some
software testers discussing their work
http://www.testcast.net/

Devnology covers a lot of agile development topics, in English and
Dutch (the accents can be a little difficult at times)
http://devnology.nl/en/podcast

The Percona webcasts are well worth watching for MySQL developers and DBAs.
http://www.percona.tv/

And finally the following newsletters are worth subscribing to, they
do exactly what they say in the url.

http://javascriptweekly.com/
http://devopsweekly.com/
http://html5weekly.com/
http://nosqlweekly.com/
http://rubyweekly.com/

ps. Thanks to Brian's encouragement I installed a custom rom on my
cheap Android tablet and now it no longer boots.  It's probably
fixable by trying another custom rom, but that means digging out my sd
card reader and finding a second alternative ROM.

Alice

On 15 March 2012 12:14, Brian <bradlug at techchico.org.uk> wrote:
> Should anyone be interested these are some of the podcasts I listen to:-
>
> Ubuntu UK
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/UbuntuUkPodcastMp3-high?format=xml
>
> Linux Outlaws
> (I don't listen to this now because it lasts a long time and I think the
> content could be better)
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/linuxoutlaws?format=xml
>
> Click
> http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/worldservice/digitalp/rss.xml
>
> Innovations
> (there is a problem with this feed. It is regularly temperamental, I have
> emailed them about it but not received a reply)
> http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/international/podcast/feed/innovations
>
> Mintcast
> Not just about Mint. Can I particularly recommend Podcast 105. An interview
> with Ikey Doherty on SolusOS.
> It isn't just about SolusOS. He makes, IMHO, he comes up with  some
> interesting ideas on how to change the way Linux does things.
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/mintcastpodcast?format=xml
>
> Sourcetrunk
> Ogg
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/sourcetrunk_ogg
> MP3
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/sourcetrunk
>
> Going Linux
> http://goinglinux.com/mp3podcast.xml
>
> CNET UK
> http://www.cnet.co.uk/feeds/podcasts/
>
> Frequencycast
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/frequencycast
>
> World Technology
> http://www.theworld.org/rss/theworld.xml
>
> Full Circle Magazine
> http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
>
> Tech Weekly - guardian.co.uk
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/series/techweekly/rss
>
> Tech Talk Radio
> http://www.techtalkradio.com.au/ttr.xml
>
> TuxRadar
> http://www.tuxradar.com/files/podcast/podcast_mp3.rss
>
> PC Pro
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/pcpropodcast
>
> Distrowatch
> http://distrowatch.com/news/podcast.xml
>
> Costing the Earth
> http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/costearth/rss.xml
>
> The Android Vibe
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/droidtech
>
> MythTV Cast
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/MythtvCast
>

> Brian

Mx Alice Kaerast
Devops supergirl, agile coach, corporate sysadmin