[Bradford] Fwd: Re: FOSS piece

John R Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Fri May 25 16:53:07 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Some interesting feedback from Paul after I made the most recent submission.

Subject: Re: FOSS piece
Date: Friday 25 May 2012, 13:06:55
From: "Paul Colley" <paul at bradfordcvs.org.uk>
To: j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com

That's great John - many thanks. Keep em coming!

If I haven't said before, you may be encouraged to learn that I
have received much more (entirely positive) feedback regarding
the FOSS content in BB than any other aspects of the
publication (with the exception, perhaps of the funding
information - but that only gets remarked upon when we conduct
our annual organisation-wide user survey).

You may also be interested to learn that the last issue (based
on bit.ly stats - which I 'trust' much more than our own
webstats because of the difficulties in distinguishing the
bot-related activity from the human) received over 17,000
views/downloads. Since we reluctantly stopped printing and
physically mailing out the newsletter almost a year ago, I've
put a lot of effort into building up our email distribution
lists and am pleasantly surprised at the numbers of new
subscribers (65 last week for example was a new high-water mark).

We've not had any enquiries yet about the action research
proposal, though :-(

Thanks again/all the best

Paul