[Bradford] Google Calendar

Andy Coulson coulson.andy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 20:21:24 UTC 2012

I am through Meshin on my phone, but had some issues with the vanilla
android calender.  I think upgrading the phone (galaxy mini sII) to
Gingerbread (android 2.3) may have improved matters, but wouldn't swear to
that

On 6 November 2012 20:16, Alice Kaerast <alice at kaerast.info> wrote:

> Are you getting reminders for these events, even though they aren't
> being displayed in your calendar?  I've seen that happening on my
> Wildfire S recently, and can sometimes go for days with my calendar
> being completely empty except for a single repeating event.
>
> Given I've got a Calendar tab open in Chrome most of the day I've
> never bothered looking into it too much.  But it really only started
> when I added a second Google account to my phone.
>
> Regards
> Alice
>

> On 6 November 2012 20:05, Brian <bradlug at techchico.org.uk> wrote:
> > Thanks for all the comments. I am using 'smooth calendar' which is the
> same
> > app. that I used with my Desire (now using a Galaxy S3). The Calendar
> has a
> > theme that makes it look different to that which I had on my Desire, that
> > probably comes from Samsung? As others are having no problems I'll search
> > around and see what I can find.
> > I went to 'Other Calendars' > Settings, on Google, and found that the
> > BradLUG Calendar had  deselected itself. I reselected it  and it now
> shows
> > on Google. However, even after  syncing several times, it still won't
> show
> > up on my phone.
> >
> > Evernote: I can't remember where first I saw it but, apart from Everpad
> on
> > Linux, there is also an Ubuntu Lens - of course that is only of interest
> if
> > you use Ubuntu.
> > OMG Ubuntu covers it here:
> > http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/09/use-evernote-in-ubuntu-with-everpad
> > I haven't been tempted back to Unity yet as I still like GNOME 3.
> >
> > As most people know I use Tomboy Notes, but for casual notes, while I am
> out
> > and about, I use 'Catch Notes'.  I might take a look at Evernote as an
> > alternative to 'Catch'.
> >
> > Brian

Andrew Coulson
email: coulson.andy at gmail.com | tel: 07834 269850
*Ryburn TextWorks* - Proofreading, Copy-editing, Writing
*Ryburn ImageWorks* <http://www.RyburnImageWorks.co.uk> - Landscape and
Nature Photography