[Bradford] Fw: Website Construction

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 08:30:29 UTC 2013

My advice would be for them to look at Wordpress.com

Their current site is not very complicated and would transfer via copy
and paste quickly.

A domain can be bought easily at an independent supplier, or through
wordpress.com. (it then costs $10 a year to 'map' the domain to
wordpress.com software, otherwise the hosting costs are zero)

If they out grow the site, they would then be on a portable platform
where they can take it onto their own servers in future.

Add in something like google calendar for their events and they'd
basically have the BradLIUG site!

They may need some help to achieve this, and with any project like
this is worth working out what the capacity is within the organisation
to cope with their website, but in my experience Wordpress is picked
up quite quickly be people and is quite easy to look after.