[Bradford] Fwd: Leeds Data Thing

Robert Burrell Donkin robertburrelldonkin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:10:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM, David Spencer
<baildon.research at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone stupid enough to go to this is waiting to get sued. We have a little
>> thing called the data protection act.
>
> Eh?  Not all data is Personal Data.  And that should be "prosecuted",
> not "sued".

FWIW data protection is mostly regulation and arbitration, giving
powers to an under-funded, politically appointed regulator. Like most
of the stuff arriving from Europe in recent years, the protection it
gives is only to the rich, well connected and influential whilst
seeking to limit our common law rights...

Robert