[Bradford] BCB "IT Stuff" needs you !

Brian bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Sun Feb 3 11:07:57 UTC 2013

We need more people to participate in "IT Stuff" on BCB. Currently myself and David S are the only people involved. Come next month I may not be available for a while - uncertain as yet.

The programme goes out on a Thursday @ 18:00 (repeated Friday @ 13:00) every 4 weeks.
This is the  link to the January programme.
'Save link as' on 6-7pm
http://www.podcast.canstream.co.uk/bcb/index.php?date=2013-01-10&page=2

The December recording is no longer available though I have it down to disk. If anyone wants it I can email it.

You can contribute to the activities without having to turn up at the studio if you don't wish to do so. These are the ways you could do it:-
1. Find a good microphone and record  to a computer or use your mobile phone if that is decent quality. If it is going to be longer than about 3 minutes then it is best done with 2 people.
If with 2 people then either get together in the same place or use use Google Hangout (with the Chrome browser as that works best). Use 'phones to listen to the Hangout but use the microphone to record. Sync the start time of recording at both ends and keep rolling, making a note of the places where things went wrong to assist in editing later. One person sends on their recording to the other for mixing/editing.

You could also visit an event and interview people.

2. Write a script for two people.

3. Give us some local/national/international news that you think the listeners might find interesting.

4. Take care of the show notes - these are not being done at all.

Content: Emphasise the benefits instead of concentrating too much on the technicalities. Please check out your ideas with David S or myself.