[Bradford] Arduino/Shrimp workshop.

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Tue Feb 12 22:15:39 UTC 2013

On 12 February 2013 22:05, Andrew Back <andrew at carrierdetect.com> wrote:
> On 12 February 2013 22:00, Alice Kaerast <alice at kaerast.info> wrote:
>
>> I'm almost tempted to come over myself and actually finish off my
>> Redis Arduino library I started at the last Howduino.  I don't really
>> have the time this weekend though.
>
> Nice! We used Redis for SolderPad [1] and I remember thinking it would
> be great for IoT /WSN stuff. Got me thinking I should set up a Pi or
> similar as a server with Arduino and JeeNode clients...

Oh it'd definitely be cool to have a Pi or two capable of running some
basic http, redis, etc services at Howduino if you've got network
shields for the Arduino kit.  It massively increases the number of
cool things you can do.

An internet-connected doorbell was my goal of the Leeds weekend, but
distractions arose and I was struggling with the ethernet library.

Alice