[Bradford] Blender tutorial

John McLear john at mclear.co.uk
Wed Feb 27 01:44:53 UTC 2013

David, that might have been me, I use blender and rely heavily on on-line resources.  If you do check out blender be sure to check out the blendercookie video tutorials and also the great IRC channel.
Blender is an incredibly powerful resource ergo has a relatively steep learning curve but it's good to know it's available if you do decide to get into 3d modelling (for 3d printing) however it's designed with more of a focus on doing high quality object renders but even with that in mind you can modify blender to suit your needs/environment, it just takes time.
If you are thinking about just quickly knocking up a very simple shape for 3d printing and you want a quick win and your not too concerned about FOSS then http://tinkercad.com provides an on-line alternative but it wont be a suitable solution as your object increases in complexity.
Regards

John McLearMcLear LtdEtherpad FoundationPrimary Technology Ltd