[Bradford] Google Reader replacements?

Andrew Coulson coulson.andy at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 18:46:38 UTC 2013

I've been using Feedly and am very impressed with it. It is a much slicker product than Google reader (and hence uses more memory..) but overall the reading experience and user interface, especially on Android are excellent. I also tried out the Digg reader and what they seem to have aimed for is a straight Google Reader clone if you want that type of more pared down reader in the browser.  I will be sticking with Feedly as the integration between android and desktop is good; I like the ease of linking to Pocket (http://getpocket.com/a/) which I use to archive useful posts and stuff to read later and I like the look and feel Andrew Coulson email: coulson.andy at gmail.com | tel: 07834 269850 Ryburn TextWorks - Proofreading, Copy-editing, Writing Ryburn ImageWorks - Landscape and Nature Photography Sent from my IQTELL Virtual Workspace From: Brian A (bradlug at techchico.org.uk) Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:14 PM To: BradLUG (bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk) Subject: [Bradford] Google Reader replacements?   I think I recall from the last meeting that some people were mourning the death of Google Reader. I just used it for storing my podcast feeds - though I can't say that it synchronised very well.   Anyway, I've come across 2 methods of deploying a similar service, though I guess some will know of at least one of these.   1. http://cloud.feedly.com   2. Alan Pope's blog   Trying out Tiny Tiny RSS on HP Microserver via Juju   http://popey.com/blog/   Brian