[Bradford] FYI: Raspberry Pi delivery

Brian A bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Tue May 14 12:33:49 UTC 2013

I ordered a Raspberry Pi from RS yesterday and 24 hours later it arrived.
This one arrived in a pink plastic box. If they had wanted they could have
made a case with the plastic - what a waste!
Strangely it was made in China. I thought that they were all made in Wales
now, perhaps RS gets them cheaper from China.

I also got some 38KHz IR receivers. I'm going to attach one of them to the
GPIO pins on my Raspbian (XBMC) Pi. I am hoping to be able to use the
existing TV remote with the Pi.

This is my third Pi. I have one that runs XBMC for the kitchen TV and
another (128MB, old model B) running Asterisk/FreePBX.