[Bradford] Re-learning coding

Alice Kaerast alice at kaerast.info
Sat Nov 16 22:26:49 UTC 2013

On 16 November 2013 19:03, Andrew Coulson <coulson.andy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alice, do you use Rails and if so what do you think?

Rails is good for non-trivial web applications, but that's not the sort of
thing I build with Ruby so it's a couple of years since I last used Rails.
 If I want to knock together a simple webapp I'll use Sinatra (or the Slim
Framework if people insist on PHP), and then possibly a frontend Javascript
MVC on the top of that if I know the client supports it.  But my use of
Ruby is mostly for command-line stuff these days, automating and monitoring
mainly.

Regards
Alice