[Bradford] Meeting tonight.

Kriss at XIXs.com Kriss at XIXs.com
Sun Sep 1 17:58:04 UTC 2013

Yay, thank you. :)

I think the PPA is now working but its still kind of hard to connect to the
PPA, perhaps the simplest thing is just to link to a recent .deb file which
will then be installed automatically when downloaded and run. I'm not sure
how the different releases are supported as it only seems to have been
built once and the "copy to" other release button on launchpad fails to
work. Maybe its just working.

Probably linking to
https://launchpad.net/~kriss-o/+archive/gamecake/+files/gamecake_13.659.0_i386.debor
https://launchpad.net/~kriss-o/+archive/gamecake/+files/gamecake_13.659.0_amd64.debis
the safe option but, I'm still unsure about the best way and maybe
that
one is bad as well. It's just DLL hell.

So, the lesson learned is that it is really difficult to distribute
compiled code to the fragmented linux target. Every single release/distro
needs its own build, even when things are almost the same. So the only
sensible binary choice is "latest ubuntu" or "wine".

Talking of which I have submitted bulbaceous to the ubuntu app store but
it's just sitting there waiting, apparently just for someone to look at it.
No idea how long that will take but it has been a couple of weeks so far.

--
Kriss

http://www.WetGenes.com/