[Bradford] Radio: EU map of main city Radio stations

Brian A bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Fri Sep 27 22:07:29 UTC 2013

This link takes you to Leeds but, click on the map, and you can choose to
see the radio stations in the vicinity of any of the major cities.

Unfortunately it doesn't give the powers of all the transmitters.
It does give the powers of the MW/LW stations. The R5 transmitter at
Moorside edge, if I remember correctly, was originally transmitting Radio 4
on 464m before R4 went onto LW.

I was interested to see that an 'Extra' version of RTE2 is now on LW. It is
so long since I tuned to LW that I didn't know that. That frequency was
originally occupied by 'Atlantic 252' in Ireland. I remember sending them a
QSL card, and receiving a reply when they first went on the air. However, I
did say to them, at the time, that I couldn't see them making a success of
it unless they broadcast a niche output because people would choose to
listen to similar music on VHF, FM, in better quality and in stereo. That
proved true and I think they went over to sports for a while. RTE2 is like
our R1 and RTE1 is like our R2.

http://radiomap.eu/uk/leeds