[Bradford] Laptops without MS Windows pre-installed.

Brian A bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Wed Apr 9 20:16:07 UTC 2014

I can't remember where they are but David C recommended Novatech to me and
I bought a laptop from them recently. I am using it now.
It has UEFI but no Windows and  I had zero trouble installing Ubuntu GNOME
13.10.

I chose one of the pre-spec devices and then modified it slightly. I
dropped the 16GB memory to 8GB and upped the CPU to an i7.
It is quad core, 15.6" screen.

The only negative I have found is that the trackpad switches are part of
the trackpad. That means that if you are cut/paste dragging then you can
run out of trackpad. As I usually use a trackball it matters not a lot. I
did find that I sometimes caught the trackpad when I was typing, resulting
in the usual problems. I had set it to switch off the trackpad during
typing but that was ineffective. Instead, I wrote a short script so that if
the trackball was plugged in at boot the trackpad would be disabled.

Brian