[Bradford] Fwd: [lugmaster] Lug.org.uk: Heartbleed Advice and Statement

Dick Thomas xpd259 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:56:23 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Gavin Westwood (LugAdmin)" <lug at gavinwestwood.co.uk>
Date: 14 Apr 2014 20:44
Subject: [lugmaster] Lug.org.uk: Heartbleed Advice and Statement
To: "UK LUG Masters' private discussion" <lugmaster at mailman.lug.org.uk>

 I'm sure that you have all heard about the Heartbleed bug[1].  This
affected OpenSSL version 1.0.1 to 1.0.1f (inclusive).

Firstly, if you have not already done so, you should ensure that any
servers that you are running have been updated.  If affected you should
probably reissue your keys for all certificates used for SSL connections
and then change affected passwords.  We suggest that you raise this on your
LUG lists to make sure that everyone is aware of this issue, if it has not
already come up.

Regarding your lug.org.uk services, these are unaffected by this issue as
we had not upgraded to the affected versions.  This means that you do not
need to change your password on our servers, although you are welcome to do
so.

Thanks
Gavin
on behalf of lug.org.uk