[Bradford] IT Stuff - New web domain - new services

Brian A bradlug at techchico.org.uk
Sat Aug 2 10:49:51 UTC 2014

IT Stuff now has it's own dedicated web site created by Shi.
I've now linked to this from:
itstuff.org.uk
This is just a framed 'cloak' Overall it brings a better experience because
the site appears to stay 'in the box' quite well. I've included a set of
keywords that immediately came to mind for the meta tags and a description.
If anyone wants to supply a further list of coma separated keywords or a
revised description then this can go in the tags. Framing isn't ideal for
lots of reasons - 'access' for one. However, it does mean that all the
myriad of URLs (the site uses other services) can be under one roof, and,
anyway, it is possible to go to the original unframed sites if necessary,
it's just more complicated.

You can listen to podcasts of previous shows and final edited recordings of
'outside broadcasts' that were included in the programme.
This includes 'Leeds Hack' 2013. It is in 2 parts. Scroll nearly to the
bottom of the page and choose "IT Stuff Archive Audio" from "X'tras by
Brian". You'll also find there the 'Raspberry Pi Bake', '3D Printers' etc.
There is an RSS Feed at the foot of the web site home page, so, using your
favourite podcast client, you can have the latest 'IT Stuff' automatically
download for you as soon as it becomes available.

The programme can now take comments from  via
feedback at itstuff.org.uk
All the crew receive any such emails.

However, each edition of IT Stuff can has it's own show notes and page. On
this page anyone can add their comments. All wonderfulness courtesy of Shi.

I'd got lots of leaflets for 'Leeds hack' with the old URLs......Ghrrh I'll
have to do some more now :-)