[Bradford] Need help with new motherboard

John Poltorak karotlopj at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 22:09:59 UTC 2014

It's over ten years since I last built my own system but foolishly I
thought I would try it again but I can't even get it to a BIOS boot
screen.

Can someone suggest what I can try to get the thing working?

The MB is a Supermicro X10SBA-L.

There is a manual for it here;-

ftp://supermicro.com/CDR-X10-UP_1.10_for_Intel_X10_UP_platform/MANUALS/X10SBA.pdf

When I power on I get a few LEDs on the MB and some beep codes when no
memory is installed. If I install memory there is no beep, although I
hear the hard disk start up, and if I insert a network cable some
lights flash on the LAN port so I know there is life in the MB.

Any suggestions what I should try?