[Bradford] Festive Feed Up

David Parkin david at davidparkin.com
Wed Dec 10 09:21:11 UTC 2014

A report of the court case.
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/9964219.Rats_in_cellar_cost_Bradford_restaurant___15_000/
Bon appetit
--
David Parkin <david at davidparkin.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin at gmail.com>
To: BradLUG <bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [Bradford] Festive Feed Up
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 18:48:09 +0000

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 9:56 PM, Brian A <bradlug at techchico.org.uk> wrote:
> Robert, the way I view it is different. Yes the hygiene score is maybe 3 or
> 4 - That probably means the  premises were clean on the day of the visit.
> However, 'faith in management' is important. If the management don't
> emphasise the importance of correct procedures then the human factor comes
> into this. A perfectly clean kitchen is one thing, but staff members, who
> don't appreciate correct procedures, and thus behave incorrectly, are just
> as much a danger.

Having been educated in a school where the council didn't spot that
what should have been steel reinforcement was in fact newspaper, I
tend to take judgements by council inspectors with a very large pince
of salt. (And without knowing who did the inspection, it's also hard
to know whether racism was a factor or not.)

And for that matter, I would really like to be able to prove where
Bradford's municipal funds ended after the local government
reorganisation in the 1970s...

But all that's ancient history, I suppose

Robert