[Bradford] Fwd:20 free print subscriptions

David Carpenter david.carpenter at nornir.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 10:47:19 UTC 2014

Do'h done it again...so..

These are days when volunteers are coming into the station anyway, so
they are a ready made audience. what we want to do (IMHO) is:

1) Present them with the problem - XP end of life - no internet
2) Try/Demo a linux alternative and get feedback

>From this we should be able to gather their pro's and con's and work
out where the difficulties in migration might lie.

My hope is that
a) some people will be genuinely interested in Linux any way
b) some people will be interested because they have XP at home
c) on the balance of things, there may be enough people that start to
be persuaded that Linux could be the way to go for the station as a
whole

I do think they have an opportunity to be the first station to run
entirely on free and open source software, and that this would bring
attention/funding/support (e.g. from Canonical perhaps?)

BTW BCB are not aware of these plans yet so it may not happen, but if
people are interested I'll put it to them later this week.