[Bradford] Fwd:20 free print subscriptions

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 6 13:39:23 UTC 2014

> If the IT Stuff people know
> what they are doing

Speaking only for myself, not really, no...
not ever... not on any level of consciousness at all, really, tbh :-)

I've not discussed this yet with the rest of Team Stuff, but yeah, we
probably ought to do the end of XP in some form, maybe following a
tame victim's journey in three episodes (1, what do you need to
replace XP.  2, installing whatever.  3, how are you getting on with
it after a month).  Can someone supply a victim, or maybe we could
solicit one on the show?

> a few teasers would be in order. Not sure that we
> know what we are going to do at the Monday meeting.

I've got some good Snowden Snoopington :D

Laugh !!! as we see NBC do the classic pdf redaction FAIL!
Thrill !!! as we roll up outside an NSA spook's home in Streetview!
Boggle !!! as we unmask covert NSA funding with the awesum powar of Google!
Swoon !!! as Gabriela Coleman makes a cameo appearance!

Also, Nick might be persuaded to mention the Debian Technical
Committee.  Not as boring as it sounds: this train wreck has been
described as the "worst, least-gender-balanced soap opera ever"!

-D.