[Bradford] Linux Mint screen resolution update

John R. Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Sun Jul 6 21:37:03 UTC 2014

Hi all

Thanks for the various suggestions. I haven't found a solution. The
processor is the Bay Trail-M which came out late last year but has now
been discontinued.

As mentioned earlier, only Linux Mint which came out recently recognised
the screen resolution. The puzzle is why it recognised it in Live mode
but not in installed mode. The only answer I can think of is that the
Live version has a slightly newer kernel than Ubuntu 14.4 on which it is
based.

The chip appears to be used with different versions of the Intel HD
Graphics and I haven't been able to find out which one is used in this
machine.

Installing KDM and tweaking various settings has improved the display,
albeit at 800 x 600. So unless I come across anything more specific that
I can follow up, I will wait until I can install a newer distro, on the
assumption that this will solve the problem.