[Bradford] Apologies and some advice please

Andy Coulson coulson.andy at gmail.com
Mon May 19 06:58:09 UTC 2014

Thanks all for the suggestions, but no success so far.  As it's for my
business I think a new machine is probably the quickest route to getting
running again and I can fiddle with the old one at leisure - I want a Samba
server anyway...

If anyone has any further suggestions about where to get an off the shelf
OS-free or linux pre-install desktop I would really appreciate  it

Andy

On 18 May 2014 19:15, Martyn Thompson (Hotmail) <lou_martyn at hotmail.com>wrote:

> I've had this problem with my PCs and it was either the RAM not sat
> properly (even though there was no reason for it to be disturbed) or the
> on-board battery.  It wasn't discharged as such, but it did need removing
> then the config memory (which is maintained by the cell) erasing - usually
> just a case of shorting a jumper for a few seconds.
>
> If you have your motherboard manual it will tell you how to do it.
>
> Pretty easy checks too if it is either of these.

Andrew Coulson
email: coulson.andy at gmail.com | tel: 07834 269850
*Ryburn TextWorks* <http://www.ryburntextworks.co.uk> - Proofreading,
Copy-editing, Writing