[Bradford] Apologies and some advice please

x-ric at brucenetworks.com x-ric at brucenetworks.com
Mon May 19 08:24:59 UTC 2014

 Hello,

Morning I get my machines from novatech
no major issues
thus far.

rich

http://www.novatech.co.uk/pc/offer os free desktops.

Mon, 2014-05-19 at 07:57 +0100, Andy Coulson wrote:

>> Thanks all for
the suggestions, but no success so far. As it's for my business I think
a new machine is probably the quickest route to getting running again
and I can fiddle with the old one at leisure - I want a Samba server
anyway... If anyone has any further suggestions about where to get an
off the shelf OS-free or linux pre-install desktop I would really
appreciate it Andy On 18 May 2014 19:15, Martyn Thompson (Hotmail)
<lou_martyn at hotmail.com [1]> wrote: I've had this problem with my PCs
and it was either the RAM not sat properly (even though there was no
reason for it to be disturbed) or the on-board battery. It wasn't
discharged as such, but it did need removing then the config memory
(which is maintained by the cell) erasing - usually just a case of
shorting a jumper for a few seconds. If you have your motherboard manual
it will tell you how to do it. Pretty easy checks too if it is either of
these. _______________________________________________ Bradford mailing
list Bradford at mailman.lug.org.uk [2]
Coulson email: coulson.andy at gmail.com [4] | tel: 07834 269850 Ryburn
TextWorks - Proofreading, Copy-editing, Writing Ryburn ImageWorks -
Landscape and Nature Photography

Links:
------
[1] mailto:lou_martyn at hotmail.com