[Bradford] Looking for Service Operations Engineers to join my team at Skybet

Nick Rhodes nick at ngrhodes.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 19:19:11 UTC 2015

I am soon to start working at Skybet in Leeds and the team I will be
leading is growing.

Shameless plug: I think Skybet is one of the best employers in the area;
they are progressive and pragmatic, providing a great working
environment/atmosphere and continually investing in new/modern technologies
and skills. Being a technology centric company there are lots of career
opportunities upwards and sideways. This is based on my experiences (and
not just some canned spiel) of visiting a number of times and personally
knowing a few people who have worked there for a number of years.

This is a 24x7x 365 ((3 on,4 off)) shift based role providing application
and desktop support and some network/system admin duties and would suit
someone with junior/basic Linux admin skills, good communications and
problem solving skills and a willingness to learn/improve.
Candidate Requirements:

   - Expertise in Linux Administration or LAMP environments
   - Understanding of networking concepts such as Active Directory, DNS,
   DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
   - Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
   - Excellent written and verbal communication skills with peers,
   management, and stakeholders
   - Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights,
   weekends, and holidays
   - Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
   - Working within an Agile ITIL environment
   - Willingness to learn and ability to quickly adapt to work in a
   constantly changing environments
   - Enjoy learning new things and solving difficult problems
   - Self-motivator with energy and drive for continuous improvement and a
   focus on delivering results, with the ability to relate technical issues in
   simplistic and meaningful way to our customers.
   - Must have good attention to detail

You will share responsibility with the team for preventing issue, managing
incidents diagnosing faults and the technical resolution of faults in order
to deliver the best possible customer experiences.

If your interested or/and want to discuss, then email me direct.

Full details: http://www.skybet.com/cms/job-board.shtm#26232
Details of other vacancies http://www.skybet.com/cms/job-board.shtm

Cheers, Nick.