[Bradford] New IT Stuff podcast up - 010715

shi notshi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:36:08 UTC 2015

If you've missed the live broadcast of IT Stuff on BCBRadio last week, you
can listen to it here (podcasts are posted a week after the live broadcast):

Also, if you'd like to contribute, we would love to hear from you!

http://itstuff.org.uk/blog/ITStuff010715

This episode had us rattle on about a cable wire pretending to be an effin
snake in an effin computer, the amazing and at times horrifying visuals of
an artificial neural network that you can interact with, a pitta bread
listening to computer hums to decrypt your passwords, the fickle British
courts ruling illegal copying on your floppy and the disappointing
direction of net neutrality before we sighed a quick relief at the new
government "stop online abuse" website, live sing birthday wishes to Reddit
and Google Earth, both hitting a decade old, quibble about Gmail's "not so
new" unsend button, gasp at word puns in China before we finally end the
show with local events, a brief spew about the previous Coder Dojo, a tiny
introduction to WebAssembly and other bits of (shakes head emoji).

Local Events: Light Fantastic (National Media Museum) 18 July – 1 November
2015, Bradford CoderDojo this Saturday 11th July

derp
--
shi